With the tenth era of Intel processors and motherboards on the horizon its getting fairly onerous to discover a first rate Z370 motherboard that isn’t out of inventory or overpriced leftovers by third social gathering distributors. Whereas the Z390 chipset doesn’t have native nvram assist it nonetheless may be configured to run clean in macOS Catalina and even Mojave if slightly further steps and are taken.
Z390 Hackintosh Notes
- Beneficial to put in macOS over Show Port when Intel UHD 630 Graphics is used as the first show driver and not using a discrete graphics card.
- It is because the HDMI port included with sure Z390 motherboards could boot solely to indicate a black display screen this may be mounted later by mapping the HDMI port.
- When Intel UHD 630 Graphics is used and not using a discrete graphics card including a AAPL,ig-platform-id patch in config.plist will trigger a pair seconds of lag on boot + system wake eradicating the patch removes the lag, however in case you are relying on WhateverGreen.kext for patching it’s possible you’ll want it.
- When Intel UHD 630 Graphics is used and not using a discrete graphics card there is a matter with HDMI/DP audio inflicting a kernel panic when the system is waked up. Drawback solely occurs on Catalina, mounted by disabling HDMI audio with No-hda-gfx in config.plist
- Sure motherboards require a RTC patch to get previous a AppleEPC…. error on boot.
- With out native NVRAM assist Z390 motherboards require EmuVariableUefi positioned within the drivers folder of the EFI folder.
- slide=0 isn’t a requirement however may be helpful.
- Catalina has ninth era Intel CPU assist, in case you are trying to put in an earlier model of Mojave as an alternative of Catalina including a device-id patch could also be wanted.
- Don’t use OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000, I’ve been in a position to boot Catalina on a Z390 construct with any of those: FwRuntimeServices.efi + OcQuirks.efi, AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv, OsxAptioFix2Drv.
- Add slide=0 as a bootflag in config.plist below Boot -> Boot Arguments or within the Clover Boot Menu if you happen to expertise any freezes or crashes.
- For those who want a preconfigured EFI folder to drop in and work with: Hackintosher-Catalina-10.15-EFI.zip from Catalina Hackintosh Set up Information
1. Z390 Required EFI Drivers
That is what I exploit at minimal with Z390 in my drivers folder EFI/Clover/drivers/UEFI/. Discover I’ve FwRunetimeServices.efi and OcQuirks.efi. That is my most well-liked methodology reminiscence driver since assist was ended for AptioMemoryFix.efi in Clover because the developer shifted over to OpenCore. OcQuirks.efi ports again the updates again into and it’s dependent upon FwRunetimeServices.efi in order that they have to be collectively within the drivers/UEFI/ folder.
There are different reminiscence driver choices that work in macOS Catalina/Mojave I’ve examined. Use FwRuntimeServices.efi + OcQuirks.efi to start out with when you’ve got any points you possibly can strive driver fixes on this order, AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFix3Drv, OsxAptioFix2Drv. All of those choices labored with my ASUS Z390-A motherboard.
Make sure that to make use of your reminiscence driver(s) with EmuVariableUefi.efi which must be positioned in the identical folder as Z390 doesn’t have native NVRAM assist.
Use slide=0 as as a boot flag to keep away from any random freezes when utilizing macOS on the Z390 platform.
1.1 Additional step for Gigabyte Z390 motherboards Error allocating runtime space
The one reminiscence drivers that work with Gigabyte Z390 motherboards are QcQuirks.efi/FwRunetimeServices.efi and OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi. Most individuals find yourself utilizing OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi however you actually ought to keep away from it if attainable see: Builders warning.
The higher means is with OcQuirks.efi + FwRunetimeServices.efi, however to get these drivers engaged on Gigabyte motherboards it additionally requires DevirtualiseMmio set true and ForceExitBootServices set false. These values may be set by both constructing OcQuirks in XCode with these values or modifying a supplementary OcQuirks.plist with TextEdit and inserting it in the identical drivers folder as OcQuirks.efi.
- Obtain & Unzip the most recent model of OcQuirks.efi from the RELEASE web page.
- Paste QcQuirks.efi, FwRunetimeServices.efi and OcQuirks.plist to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/
- Open OcQuirks.plist with TextEdit by Proper-clicking OcQuirks.plist -> Open With -> Different… -> Textual content Edit
- Change the worth below DevirtualiseMmio to true
- Change the worth below ForceExitBootServices to false
- Save & Exit
- Delete nvram.plist if it exists in /Volumes/EFI/ (in any other case the repair wont work):
EC Patch wanted for Catalina
Adjustments in Catalina require the EC to be renamed/faked to work. For those who’re going with the rename methodology its most probably going to be the EC0 to EC patch with Z390.
3. BIOS Patch for Z390 ASUS/ASRock Motherboards
Sure ASUS and ASRock motherboards want a RTC BIOS patch to get previous the loader hanging on an error.
This patch goes below Apci -> Fixes in config.plist
|Remark||Discover* [HEX]||Substitute [HEX]|
|Z390/Z370 II BIOS RTC Patch||A00A9353 54415301||A00A910A FF0BFFFF|
4. Z390 HDMI port black display screen repair
The HDMI port(s) included on the motherboard won’t work with out being patched on a Z390 motherboard and can boot to a black display screen. It’s beneficial to put in macOS over displayport till a patch is added to map the Bus ID of every port appropriately.
To map the HDMI/DP ports correctly use Hackintool. This can be a time consuming course of making an attempt to match the proper ports however it may be achieved with some sufferers. There are there are numerous guides on the net equivalent to this one right here.
If in case you have Xcode put in you possibly can construct the most recent model of Hackintool right here