This information ought to resolve Catalina from freezing when a hackintosh is waked from sleep when operating off the Intel iGPU (built-in graphics). The mouse will freeze a pair seconds after being waked up and there could also be a sudden restart with a kernel panic message saying there was an issue with Intel HDMI audio once you boot again in.
I seen this kernel panic solely occurs when these situations exist:
- Utilizing AppleALC.kext with Clover (AppleALC is not being examined on Clover because the developer moved his assist to OpenCore inflicting this difficulty)
- Solely occurs when Intel graphics is enabled.
- When the show monitor doesn’t have an HDMI audio output (This kernel panic occurred to me on a monitor that didn’t have audio system, however after I plug in my different monitor that did have HDMI audio with in-built audio system the kernel panic goes away)
To get round this difficulty we disable HDMI audio with a HDEF patch. If you’re utilizing the EFI information within the important Catalina information this patch has already been included.
- Obtain gfxutil
- Open downloaded folder and Proper-click open gfxutil
- A listing will populate discover PCI0.HDEF and replica its PciRoot gadget path
- Open config.plist positioned in your EFI folder with Clover Configurator
- Choose Units column in Clover Configurator
- Choose the drop down menu and choose No or sort it within the field is within the prime proper nook of the Units web page
- Choose the Properties tab close to the underside of the Units web page
- Click on the “+” signal beneath the Units* desk
- Paste the gadget path you copied from gfxutil
- Choose the System path thats been added to the desk and add:
- Click on the “+” signal beneath the Properties desk to the correct
Properties Key* Properties Worth Worth Sort No-hda-gfx AAAAAAAA AA DATA alc-layout-id 1 NUMBER
- Restart to use modifications and see if sleep works after.
I’m my testing this difficulty solely occurs when utilizing AppleALC on a monitor with out audio system over built-in graphics. Different methods to bypass this difficulty can be:
- Switching your EFI to OpenCore or by utilizing a unique audio resolution than AppleALC.kext.
- Switching to a monitor with audio system in-built so the panic doesn’t happen.