This weblog put up is in partnership with Genexa. This can be a model we’ve used and cherished for years and I’m excited to companion with them for this put up.
I’m nonetheless in denial that back-to-school and fall is simply across the nook. There’s lots to sit up for, particularly for the reason that children will get to see their associates and academics once more. Whereas I’m getting backpacks and kit prepared, I additionally use this time to restock our fall and winter drugs cupboard since I do know that there would be the inevitable little chilly. I’m going via all the pieces, toss out the previous stuff, and make two bins: one for on a regular basis and the opposite bin is stuffed with stuff for particular illnesses.
I believed I’d share a few of my methods in at the moment’s put up, however please remember that I’m not a health care provider or medical skilled. These are simply a few of the issues that work for our household and the methods I like to make use of as they proceed to heal and really feel higher. As all the time, speak along with your physician or pediatrician earlier than including in any remedy or dietary supplements for your self or your loved ones.
1) Relaxation and hydration
These are the 2 greatest ones. I attempt to make it possible for they’ve a number of relaxation all through the day, get high quality sleep at evening, and all the time have some water close by. I’ll put the water in a transparent cup (as a substitute of a water bottle) simply so I can control how a lot they’re truly consuming. The ladies additionally love heat bone broth with lemon after they’re a bit of beneath the climate (and after they’re not beneath the climate).
2) Wellness shot! I’ve posted about this earlier than however our entire household may be very conversant in the wellness shot. Every time anybody has a touch of something happening, it’s wellness shot time. I take advantage of the juice of half a lemon, a sprinkle of cayenne, and an entire glove of minced garlic. Let the garlic sit minced only for a second earlier than stirring it in, and take it like a brief. Liv hates the wellness photographs however could have a bit of bit, whereas P is licking the underside of the glass lol. It tastes like tangy pizza.
3) Dietary supplements. The ladies take nutritional vitamins regularly, and after they’re beneath the climate, I’ll up their Vitamin C, Zinc, Vitamin D, and add in some elderberry. We additionally take elderberry as soon as every week from September – Might and extra usually if I really feel like we have to.
4) Stable diet and decreasing added sugar. Sugar can negatively have an effect on the immune system, so I attempt to watch it on the sugar when anybody is feeling meh, and give attention to soups, all-fruit popsicles, crackers, issues which might be mild on the abdomen and simple to digest. Typically whenever you’re recovering from one thing, you’re not as hungry, so I attempt to simply make meals and broth accessible and allow them to resolve how a lot to eat.
5) Further treatments and our fave Genexa merchandise.
One thing that we’ve been utilizing for years is the Genexa Youngsters Chilly Crush. I purchased it when Liv was little as a result of it had glorious opinions and lots of chilly medicines aren’t secure for youths beneath the age of 6. The Chilly Crush tablets have all the time labored properly for us (P and Liv each take these if they’ve a chilly) and I really like that they don’t include any synthetic preservatives, colours, or sweeteners.
(They’ve new packaging for the Chilly Crush; ours is the earlier model)
One other Genexa fave is the Youngsters’ Ache and Fever drugs. It’s common acetaminophen (which is the energetic ingredient wanted to assist with ache and fever discount) minus the additional components that may generally be present in children’ drugs. I take advantage of these merchandise whereas the children are on the mend and proceed to really feel higher.
Just a little bit about Genexa:
– It’s the primary clear drugs model on the market! They make drugs with the identical energetic components folks want, however with out the substitute ones they don’t. Their merchandise are additionally freed from synthetic dyes, widespread allergens and pointless artificial inactive components, so no poisonous or doubtlessly dangerous chemical compounds are concerned!
This can be a model that I genuinely belief and I used to be so completely happy after they reached out, since our medication cupboard already held fairly a number of Genexa merchandise.
If you happen to’re seeking to replace your drugs cupboard, take a look at their web site and a few of their choices right here.
Something you assume helps your kiddos whenever you’re feeling beneath the climate?? Any fave treatments?
Please let me know within the feedback beneath!