This Bananas Foster French Toast recipe is made with wealthy & buttery brioche bread topped with a caramel banana sauce!
Breakfast or Dessert?
Bananas Foster was designed by chef Paul Blangé at Brennan’s restaurant in New Orleans. It simmers bananas in a wealthy caramel rum banana sauce.
On this recipe, the Bananas Foster is cooked after which added as a topping to a wealthy French Toast made with brioche bread.
BREAD Buttery brioche bread is the proper bread for French Toast. It’s made with eggs, milk, and many butter and so it’s thick and fluffy. Can’t discover brioche? Then any thickly sliced bread will do – white, Texas Toast, or French.
SAUCE This recipe requires darkish brown sugar, however gentle brown sugar can be utilized as a substitute.
We used Meyer’s rum on this recipe, however once more, any darkish rum of alternative will do. If rum is omitted from the recipe, then it doesn’t should be ignited or burned off. The sauce will nonetheless style scrumptious.
VARIATIONS Attempt making our French Toast Casserole, baked within the oven. High this casserole with the Bananas Foster sauce.
No Rum? No drawback! Rum extract (and even maple or brandy extract) can be utilized in place. You’ll solely want a tiny bit as extracts will be fairly robust.
Find out how to Make Bananas Foster French Toast
This spectacular dish is tremendous enjoyable to make, and it’s really easier than it appears to be like!
- Put together French Toast:
- Dip bread into the egg combination per recipe beneath
- Prepare dinner in a skillet or on a griddle.
- Put together Bananas
- Prepare dinner sugar, butter, cinnamon & salt till it boils.
- Add bananas & prepare dinner.
- Add rum & vanilla, then gentle it on hearth till alcohol burns off.
- Serve and Take pleasure in!
- Spoon banana combination over French toast.
- Serve & take pleasure in!
French Toast Suggestions
- Bread that could be a little bit stale (barely crusty) is the key to a crispier French toast because it soaks in additional of the custard. To do that lower the loaf (if it isn’t already sliced), and let it sit out in a single day. The bread must be just a little bit dry and prepared for cooking by morning.
- Remember to dip the bread lengthy sufficient to let the custard combination soak in so it’s moist within the center.
- Use medium-low warmth to prepare dinner the bread so it doesn’t burn earlier than the middle is cooked. Should you don’t have a griddle, a skillet works too.
- Maintain cooked French toast heat within the oven at 200°F if making ready batches.
Extra Methods to French Toast
Did you’re keen on this Bananas Foster French Toast? Remember to go away a ranking and a remark beneath!
Bananas Foster French Toast
Gentle & fluffy French toast is smothered in a Bananas Foster sauce and served heat straight from the stovetop!
Preheat the griddle to 275°F.
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk collectively 2 eggs and 1 egg yolk.
Add milk, brown sugar, and vanilla to the egg combination, and beat till mixed.
Dip every slice of bread within the egg combination and place on the griddle, cooking 2-3 minutes per facet till golden brown. Take away from warmth and put aside.
In a big stainless-steel skillet, soften darkish brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, and salt and stir till a light-weight boil begins.
Add the bananas in a single layer and prepare dinner for 1 minute, then flip.
Add rum and vanilla then use an extended match or grill lighter to fastidiously set the combination on hearth and flambe the bananas till the alcohol cooks off.
High the french toast with the banana combination and luxuriate in.
Darkish rum will be omitted from the recipe, if desired, however then isn’t technically bananas foster.
If rum is omitted, you do not want to burn it off.
Slice bananas a minimum of ½ inch thick however you may slice them bigger.
Bananas foster must be loved instantly.
Gentle brown sugar can be utilized instead of darkish.
I used Myer’s rum within the recipe, however any darkish rum of alternative will do.
In case you are not utilizing a nonstick griddle, you’ll wish to use nonstick spray in your griddle or pan.
If brioche isn’t obtainable, thickly sliced French bread, white bread, or Texas toast can be utilized.
Energy: 646, Carbohydrates: 76g, Protein: 16g, Fats: 29g, Saturated Fats: 16g, Polyunsaturated Fats: 1g, Monounsaturated Fats: 3g, Trans Fats: 1g, Ldl cholesterol: 301mg, Sodium: 573mg, Potassium: 343mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 30g, Vitamin A: 1215IU, Vitamin C: 5mg, Calcium: 141mg, Iron: 2mg
(Diet data supplied is an estimate and can differ primarily based on cooking strategies and types of substances used.)
Key phrase Bananas Foster, Bananas Foster French Toast, Bananas Foster French Toast recipe, tips on how to make Bananas Foster French Toast